Microsoft Power Pages is a low-code, cloud-based platform for creating, hosting, and administering modern external-facing business websites. It is part of the Microsoft Power Platform, which also includes Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI.
This article provides an overview on how to add a form in a page of your Microsoft Power Pages site.
What is a form in Power Pages and how to create it?
Forms in Power Pages sites are a powerful feature that allows you to gather data in a structured manner. These forms are based on Dataverse table forms, which can be created using the Data workspace or model-driven apps in Power Apps. By leveraging forms, you can create comprehensive web applications by incorporating them into pages or lists.
Adding a form in a Page
To add a form:
- Open the design studio to edit the content and components of the site.
- Go to the Pages workspace and choose the specific page you want to edit.
- Select the section on that page where you want to add the form component.
- Hover your cursor over any editable canvas area within that section.
- Look for the form icon in the component panel and click on it.
- A window will open.
- Choose to create a new form or choose an existing list, then select Ok.
- If you choose to create a new form:
- The Add a form window will open, and you will need to enter the following data:
Note: You’ll need to enable table permissions to ensure that users will be able to interact with the data on the forms.
- You can select the ellipsis (…) to duplicate the form, move it up or down within the section, or delete it.
Thank you for reading this article. I hope this serves as a starter guide for you to add a form to your Power Pages websites.